When we think of camping in the Morocco desert, the first visuals that come to mind are the skyscrapers touching the skies, the fastest cars, the largest malls, the long coastline, everything high fashion and fast-paced, and yet we get reminded of the one constant in Morocco’s history, the calm desert going into the never-ending horizon.
The desert has been a prominent part of the Berbers Nomads’ tradition. The Desert in Morocco has also paved the way for numerous activities and camping options in the desert Erg Chigaga or Erg Chebbi, helping people to experience the desert in all its glory one activity at a time. Desert camping is one of the most famous desert activities in Morocco.
Best Time To Do Desert Camping In Morocco
Morocco is one of the hottest regions in the world and one of the most humid destinations. The summer in Morocco can get hot and that period is also considered an off-season for travel in Morocco. The best time to visit Morocco is in the winter months of September to May. This is also the best time to indulge in Desert camping activities. You can also choose to visit in the summer but just for Luxury one-night desert camping as well. Post that the weather becomes unsuitable for leisure and outdoor activities. Is possible to have a luxury desert tour camping
What To Carry When You Go Desert Camp In Morocco
Morocco Desert camping is an activity that would need you to prepare for it beforehand and not go in the flow with it.
- Comfortable-fitting warm pants/trousers OR jeans for the winter (for women | for men)
- Clothes that are briefs, not a thing.
- Long sleeve, loose-fitting top
- A good scarf that you can wrap around your face to protect from sun/sand.
- A Sunglasses, Hat, again for the shade
- Good Hiking boots, and sandals
- Your camera
- A power bank to charge anything you may need to overnight as the camp may or may not have electricity
- A small flashlight
- A travel first aid kit
- any toiletries you may need